In 1945, the Northwest Saddle Club was organized to provide its initial twenty members with a common sense of fellowship based on an enthusiasm for horses and a beautiful rural setting in which to ride . It was initially located near what is now the Cub Foods store at the junction of County Road B and Rice Street in Maplewood, Minnesota. At that time, the area provided plenty of wide open spaces for its members to ride. Highway 36 was just a two-lane road, for the most part. During the early 1950's members began to emphasize show riding and by the end of the decade, the group was qualifying riders for the Minnesota State Fair and running the largest quarter horse show in the Midwest.
In the mid-1960's, the club relocated to Old Birch Road in Lino Lakes, Minnesota. The clubhouse and show arenas resided on approximately 40 acres and provided a very rural setting in a suburban area. As the club grew, so did interests. The club hosted competitive events in Western Pleasure, Hunt Seat, Dressage, Cutting and Roping as well as Games. The thrill of competition kept people coming back generation after generation.
On March 31, 2006, Northwest Saddle Club sold its site in Lino Lakes and acquired 65 acres just south of North Branch, Minnesota; marking yet another milestone in the club's history. The new site includes a new club house, an indoor riding arena, 53 stalls, and outdoor arenas.
The common love of a horse is what it's all about. The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a man.
Meet the Board
Contact board members at
Contact committe members at