NWSC Year End Nomination Form 2016
In 1945, the Northwest Saddle Club was organized to provide its
initial twenty members with a common sense of fellowship based on an
enthusiasm for horses and a beautiful rural setting in which to ride .
It was initially located near what is now the Cub Foods store at the
junction of County Road B and Rice Street in Maplewood, Minnesota. At
that time, the area provided plenty of wide open spaces for its members
to ride. Highway 36 was just a two-lane road, for the most part. During
the early 1950's members began to emphasize show riding and by the end
of the decade, the group was qualifying riders for the Minnesota State
Fair and running the largest quarter horse show in the Midwest.
In the mid-1960's, the club relocated to
Old Birch Road in Lino Lakes, Minnesota. The
clubhouse and show arenas resided on approximately 40 acres and provided a
very rural setting in a suburban area. As the club grew, so did
interests. The club hosted competitive events in Western Pleasure,
Hunt Seat, Dressage, Cutting and Roping as well as Games. The thrill of
competition kept people coming back generation after generation.
On March 31, 2006,
Northwest Saddle Club sold its site in Lino Lakes and acquired 65 acres
just south of North Branch, Minnesota; marking yet another milestone in
the club's history. The new site includes a new club house, an indoor
riding arena, 52 stalls, and outdoor arenas.
The common love of a horse is what it's all about. The outside of a
horse is good for the inside of a man.
The Northwest Saddle Club is a family-oriented, volunteer organization
comprised of horse enthusiasts that are dedicated to the promotion and
encouragement of equestrian activities.
Our meetings are the first Tuesday of every month. The youth and adult
meetings start at 6:45pm and 7:15pm, respectively. Everybody is welcome to attend our
meetings. If you would like to become a member, please fill out the
attached membership form and submit it following directions on the form.